Rice protein powder is one of the unknown protein supplements outside the vegan community. In spite of its lack of popularity, this type of protein offers a number of great benefits, which might make it the right addition to the daily diet. In order to understand what this protein powder is and how you are going to utilize it effectively in supplementing your nutritional needs, the following are the pros and cons you need to know:
* This is a natural protein source that is rich in fiber. The powder is derived from the brown rice and it carries all essential amino acids.
* It is hypoallergenic. This means that it can cause fewer allergic reactions as compared to other protein powders such as whey and egg. In addition, it is free of milk, yeast, soy, wheat, and other allergens that are known to cause the allergic reactions.
* Studies show that the body is able to utilize rice protein powder more effectively and efficiently than soy. However, you will find the two powders going for nearly the same price.
* It is vegan friendly. There are no byproducts or animal products included in this type of supplement. Majority of the supplements on the market contain various animal products.
* Mild and sweet flavor. This makes the powder is to use and blend with juice, water, and other mixers. In this way, you are able to create great-tasting protein drink.
* Available in various flavors. You will find the protein available in different flavors such as strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. Although, it is not available in more exotic flavors, in the future it is likely to be produced with such flavors.
* It is not very effective in building muscle as compared to other protein supplements such as whey protein and other plant based powders that are easily available on the market.
* Very few companies currently manufacturing this type of powder. In addition, there are quite few snack options available such as drinks and bars.
* It generally provides less serving as compared to other animal based proteins.
You can learn more about rice protein powder at http://supplement-superstore.com/store